It's just the beginning

Translator
Hi mates!
        I feel a little bit sad because the course is ending and therefore this is my last post, now it's time to study since I have to take my exams next week.😱😱

      These days, I've been working hard in my final artifact that is an audiovisual presentation whereby you'll see my learning process in this subject. In this artifact, you'll find a reflection on all the tools that I've used, my favourite ones, what I liked least of all and what I found more and less useful. To avoid repeating myself, I'm going to talk to you about how I' ve lived this learning process and, of course, I'll explain how I've created my artifact. 

       Well, as I said in my first post, my digital competence was quite poor and I hardly ever used social networks, indeed I did not even have a Twitter account before starting this blog. To be honest, it's been a hard and intensive process. Some tools like creately was quite slow and I thought that I was doing something wrong, then I understood that I had to be more patient. Exploring the different resources and using them properly it's a process of trial and error, which is sometimes frustrating and time-consuming.Anyway, as you can see along my posts, the outcomes are stunning. I really feel proud of them and I've improved my digital skills a lot. 

       This process has made me aware of the teaching potential of  ICTs for primary classes and their importance for my professional career. Moreover, this blog has been an enormous help in gaining valuable experience in the area of ICTs since I've had to deal with links, licences and embed codes.Now, this is not a problem for me 💪 but at the beginning everything was a battle.

       Writing a blog is a thorough process as you have to take into account many aspects such as deciding what you want to explain and how to do it. It's essential to organize your ideas and try to be clear, which is not always easy. In my case, I must also pay special attention to the language. I think that my English has improved owing to this blog. Writing every post requires much time since you must search for synonyms, rewording paragraphs and checking your spelling. I've definitely learnt a lot from this experience.

       I'd like to add that video tutorials on Youtube are really helpful, here you can find my Youtube channel.Also, some blogs of my classmates have been inspiring for me because of their creativity, their amazing final outcomes and their originality, these are my favourite ones:
      Now, it's time to talk about my final artifact which reflects my learning process and includes all my outcomes. If somebody had told me four months ago that I would be able to do this work, I wouldn't have believed it.I've explored different tools, initially I was going to do my artifact with Powtoon but you can only record five minutes and it's not enough time to tell my whole learning process. Then, I thought that Genial.ly would be a good solution since it's  my favourite tool.The problem is that Genial.ly doesn't allow including audios but surfing on the Internet I found a solution: recording the audio with Soundcloud and then adding it to the slideshow. I tried it but it was impossible.Finally, I found a different solution: recording the audio with Screencast-O-Matic. I got it, so I began to collect and download all the pictures, then  I created folders for every post with pictures, screenshots, outcomes and  main ideas.After that, I created my presentation with Genial.ly, you can see it here.

      Finally, I recorded the audio with Screencast-O-Movie, I found this video tutorial really hepful. You must install a program on your computer to use this tool, but it's a piece of cake. Then, you open your presentation in Genial.ly and Screencast-O-Movie, the point is that you show your presentation and at the same time your voice is recorded. Once you have finished doing your presentation, Screencast-O-movie create a video which you can upload to your Youtube channel.Regarding licence and rights ownership, Youtube offers you the possibility to use a Creative Commons  attribution.

     

       The drawback is that Screencast-O-Movie only allows recording 15 minutes with its free version. That's why I couldn't correct some mistakes since I had already spent 11 minutes.

      I'd like to apologize to my teacher, Mª Jesús García San Martín, because I made a mistake with her surname🙏Here you can find her Twitter and her blog which are really interesting and helpful for teachers who want to keep improving their digital skills.

      As the title of my post says, this is just the beginning because we, as teachers, know that learning never ends. I'd like to thank  all my classmates for their help and specially my teacher for being so supportive the first day of class because I was completely scared.

It's been a pleasure, guys! And now....my final artifact.🙌😃
 


Comments

  1. Informative blog! it was very useful for me.Thanks for sharing. Do share more ideas regularly.
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Content curation, a great invention!

Creating mind maps

RAINFOREST ECOSYSTEMS